Dr. Arindam Biswas
Designation : Associate Professor
Qualifications : B.TECH, M.Tech(CU), PhD (NIT Durgapur),Post-Doctoral Fellow (PNU,South Korea)
Interest/Research : Ferroelectrics, Metamaterial, DNA macromoleculesm, Electron Transport in GaN, Superlattice Structure, Optoelectronics.
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Experience : 8 Years
Research Experience : 6 months
Industry Experience : 0
• Basic Electronics
• Analog Electronics
• Solid State Electronics
• Digital Electronics
• Electronics Devices and Circuits
- DNA macromoleculesm
- Electron Transport in GaN
- Superlattice Structure
- Nonlinear Optical Communication
- Ferroelectrics,Metamaterial,DNA etc
- Electron transport in Nano structures
- Invited to join as a Specially Appointed Associate Professor at National University Corporation Shizuoka University,Japan. Know more
Research & Publications
- “Study of Drain Current Variation with Drain Voltage and Temperature Dependence of Mobility in 1D GaN Nanowire FETs”, Proc. Intl. Conf. Emerging Trends in Engg. & Tech., (IETET-2010), Oct 14-16, 2010, Geeta Inst. of Engg. & Tech., Kanipala, Kurukshetra (India) pp 408-409 (2010).
- “Nanoscale GaAlAs/GaAs Superlattice Laser”, Proc. Intl. Conf. Fundamental and Applications of Nano Science and Technology (ICFANT-2010), Dec. 9-11, 2010, Jadavpur Univ., Kolkata (India) pp 138-151 (2010).
- “Dissipative Intrinsic Localized Modes in Nano-ferroelectrics,” TechConnect World 2011(ISBN: 978-1-4398-7139-3), June 13-16, Boston (USA), Vol. 2, pp. 635 – 638 (2011).
- “Quantum Breathers in Lithium Tantalate in Klein-Gordon Lattice”, ICANN-2011, I.I.T. – Guwahati (India), 2011 (Published by Springer-Verlag).
- “Quantum Breathers in Nonlinear Metamaterials” ICANN-2011, I.I.T.- Guwahati (India), 2011 (Published by Springer-Verlag).
- “Study of Transient Response Characteristics of Electrons in GaN by Monte Carlo Method” , Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computers and Devices for Communication(CODEC-12), Organized by Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics, University of Calcutta, held in Kolkata on 14-16, Dec. 2012.(IEEE Explore)
- “Electron Mobility and Energy Relaxation Rate in GaAs/GaAlAs Superlattice” , Proceedings of IEEE International Conferenc on Computers and Devices for Communication(CODEC-12), Organized by Institute of RadioPhysics and Electronics, University of Calcutta, held in Kolkata on 14-16 Dec. 2012. (IEEE Explore).
- “Classical and Quantum Breathers: Application in Ferroelectrics for Photonics” IEEE CODIS-2012, Organized by Electronic Telecommunication Engineering, JadavpurUniversity held on Dec 2012 . (IEEE Explore).
- “Intrinsic Localized Modes in Metamaterials”, IEM OPTRONIX 2014 (Springer-Verlag).
- “Design of a low power 4 x 4 Multiplier based Five transistor (5-T) half adder , Eight transistor (8-T) and Two transistor AND gate” IEEE c3IT 2015 at Academy of Technology, Kolkata.
- Phonon Bounce State in Nano Ferroelectrics to Characterized Quantum Breathers”, 1st Engineering Workshop on Nanomaterials (IWoN): Engineering Photon and Phonon Transport, Jadavpur University, Dec 14-15, 2012.
- “Two phonon bounce state in DNA macromolecules to characterized quantum Breathers”,1st Engineering Workshop on Nanomaterials (IWoN): Engineering Photon and Phonon Transport, Jadavpur University, Dec 14-15, 2012.
- “Quantum Breathers : Application in Metamaterial for Photonics” International Conference on Structural and Physical Properties of Solids (SPPS-2013) organized by department of Applied Physics, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, India.
- “Study the Gain Characteristics of Diode, Quantum Well and Superlattice Laser”, Proc. Natl. Conf. Industrial Engg. (ICIE-2011), Feb. 17-18, 2011, West Bengal University of Technology.
- “Comparison between Nano Scale GaAs Quantum well and GaAlAs/GaAs Superlattice Laser in Term ofGain”, Proc. Natl. Conf. Recent Adv. Mater. Tech. (NCRAMT-2011), June 26-28, 2011, Haldia Institute of Technology (India).
- “CAD Model of Connected Rectangular Ring Microstrip Antenna for Dual Band Operations”, Natl.Conf. Electronics, Comm. & Signal Processing (NCECS-2011), Sept. 19, 2011, Siliguri Inst. of Technology, Siliguri (India), pp. 141-143 (2011).
- “Study of Hot Electron Effect in LD-MOS using ATLAS” NCDST- 2012, Sept 28-29, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- “Oscillatory Magnetotransport in CdSe Single Quantum Well” , NCPFS-2013, Feb 27-28, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- “Effect of Carrier-Carrier Collisions on RF Performance of Millimeter-Wave IMPATT Sources”, C2E2-2016. (Presented) (Will be published by CRC Press, Tylor and Fansis Group).
- “Magnetic Field Tunable Avalanche Transit Time (MAGTATT) Device”, C2E2- 2016. (Presented) (Will be published by CRC Press, Tylor and Fansis Group).
- “Bose Einstein Condensation in Lithium Tantalate Ferroelectrics ”, C2E2- 2016. (Presented) (Will be published by CRC Press, Tylor and Fansis Group).
- “Mobility Enhancement of 2D Electrons Due to Interaction with 2D Longitudinal Optical (LO) Phonons in Superlattice”, 6th International Conference on Computers and Devices for Communication (CODEC-15) organized by Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India during December 16-18,2015.
- “Cyclic Combinational Gate diffusion input (CCGDI) technique- a new approach of low power digital combinational circuit design ”, IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Technologies (ICECCT) organized by SVS College of Engineering, Tamilnaru, India, 5-7 March, 2015.
- “Gain & Bandwidth Enhancement of a Microstrip Antenna by Incorporating Air Gap”, C2E2- 2016. (Presented) (Will be published by CRC Press, Tylor and Fansis Group).
- “Quantum Pinning-transition due to Charge Defects in Ferroelectrics”, J. Appl. Phys .Vol. 110, 240104 (2011).
- “Quantum Breathers in Lithium Tantalate Ferroelectrics”, Appl. Nanosci, DOI 10.1007/s13204-012-0132-6 (Springer).
- “Dissipative Breathers Modes in Nano-ferroelectric”, J Electron Devices, Vol. 10, pp 423-428 (2011).
- “Phonon bound state and critical limit of soliton motion inferroelectrics”Journal of Optoelectronics and Advance Material, Vol 14, pp 732-740 (2012).
- “Quantum Breathers in Klein-Gordon Lattice:Non-Periodic Boundary Condition Approach ”, J. Appl. Phys .Vol. 110, 124106 (2011).
- “Role of Coupling of Discrete Breathers in SRR based Metamaterials”, Physica Scripta, Vol. 86, pp 015601-610 (2012).
- “Nonlinear Effects and Multisolitons In Metamaterials ”, Proceedia Technology (Elsevier), Vol. 4, pp. 641-645 (2012).
- “Femtosecond Response of Quantum Discrete Breathers in SRR based Metameterials and the Role of Dielectric Permittivity”, Quant. Phys. Lett., Vol 1, pp 59-68 (2012).
- “Fano resonance due to Discrete Breather in Nonlinear Klein- Gordon Lattice in Metamaterials” ,J Optical Society of America B, Vol 29, pp 2414-2419(2012).
- “THz Response of Split Ring Resonator based on Nonlinear Metamaterials”, J. Electron Devices .Vol. 16, 1321 (2012).
- “Discrete energy levels of bright solitons in lithium niobate ferroelectrics”, Phys. Rev. B. Vol 86, 184101 (2012).
- “Quantum Breathers in Metamaterials in term of Klein-Gordon Lattice”, Intl. J. Electronics & Comm. Tech. Vol 4, pp 428-433 (2013).
- “Effect of Poling Field and Non-linearity in Quantum Breathers in Ferroelectrics”, IOSR Journal of Applied Physics, Vol 4, pp 60-65 (2013).
- “Lifetime of Quantum Breathers for DNA Macromolecules”, Journal of Electron Devices, Vol 18, pp 1575-1581 (2013).
- “A Unified Approach for Metamaterial with Absorbing Boundary Condition using FDTD”, Archives of Applied Science Research, Vol 6, pp.284-289 (2014).
- ”Study of Gain variation with well width in GaAlAs/GaAs Superlattice laser”, ACEEE Intl. J. Recent Trends in Engg., (IJRTE), Vol 4, Issue 4, pp 136-137 (2011).
- “Quantized Conductance of One Dimensional Quantum Wires”, Intl. J. Electronics & Comm. Tech. (IJECT), Vol 2, pp 20-21 (2011).
- “Current Voltage Characteristics of CdSe 2D FETs at low Temperatures”, J. Electron Devices, Vol. 9, pp 405-408 (2011).
- “Hole Transport in CdSe Single Quantum Wells at Low Temperatures”, J. Electron Devices, Vol 10, pp 444-447 (2011).
- “Low Tempareture Magnetotransport in 2D GaN Quantum wells”, Intl. J. Scientific & Engg. Res., Vol 2, (2011).
- “One Dimensional GaN Nanowire FETs”, J. Electron Devices, Vol 11, pp 551-553 (2011).
- “Nano-scale vertical field effect transistor realized by wave function overlap in superlattice.” J. Electron Device, Vol 12, pp 778-781 (2012).
- “An SOI LDMOS for better Switch Application increasing the Drift Region of an n-MOS: A Comparative Study”, J. Electron Devices, Vol. 14, pp 1142-1150 (2012).
- “Study of Conductivity and Power Dissipation in GaAlAs/GaAs superlattice due to Electron-Photon Interaction ” , J. Electron Devices, Vol 15, pp. 1232-1235 (2012).
- “ FPGA Based High-Frequency Noise elimination System from Speech Signal using X-LING System.” , J. Electron Device, Vol. 17, 2013, pp. 1423-1426 (2013).
- “Velocity-field and Conductance Characteristics of GaN Quantum Well Wire” , Journal of Electron Devices, Vol. 19, pp. 1670-1673 (2014).
- “Current-Voltage Characteristics of GaN MOSFET: A Monte-Carlo Simulation”, Archive of Applied Science Research, Vol 6, pp. 23-26 (2014).
- “Fundamental of Electron Transport in Semiconductor: A Review”, Int. J. Electronics and Communication Tech. (Cosmic Journal), Vol 5, pp. 235-246 (2014).
- “Suppression of cross polarization and mutual coupling between dual trace dual column coaxial microstrip array using dumbbell shaped resonator”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol 56, pp. 2182-2186 (2014).
- “Analysis of a Miniaturized Multiresonant Wideband Slotted Microstrip Antenna with Modified Ground Plane ”, IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letters (Doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2354474), (Online First).
- “ A Proposed Cryptographic Algorithm Provides Better Data Security”, IFRSA’s International Journal of Computing, Vol.2, Issue 1, pp. 6-15 (2012).
- “Designing Architecture for Security of Wireless Sensor Networks Environmental”, Journal of Telecommunication (UK), Vol 27, pp.1-8 (2014).
- “Lossless Compression Algorithm for Genome Sequence Based on Reverse Sequencing” authored By ” International Journal of computer Science and Technology (IJCST), Vol 6, pp. 140-146 (2015)
- “Effect of Magnetic Field on the RF Performance of Millimeter-Wave IMPATT Source”, Journal of Computational Electronics (Springer), (Online First).
- Molecular Bose-Einstein condensation and bound states in lithium niobate type ferroelectrics”, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Material, Vol 17, pp. 1885-1890 (2015).
“Large-Signal Characterization of Millimeter-Wave IMPATTs: Effect of Reduced Impact Ionization Rate of Charge Carriers due to Carrier-Carrier Interactions”, Journal of Computational Electronics (Springer), 2016 (Online First).
- Filed a Patent on “Smart Card Based Four Entity Cloud Computing Authentication System and Method There off” in the name of inventors Dr. Chandan Konar, Himadri Nath Moulick, Dr. Arindam Biswas, A K Manna, at Patent Office, Kolkata, Government of India.
WORKSHOP AND COURSE ATTAINED
- AICTE sponsored QIP program on “VLSI Architectures for Image and Video Processing Systems” at I. I. T. Guwahati, India on 19th -23rd September 2011.
- AICTE sponsored QIP program on “Nanotechnology for Device and Photonics Applications” at IIT Kharagpur, India on 3rd to 17th October 2012.
- TEQIP-II Sponsored WORKSHOP on “Optimization Techniques and their Applications in Engineering Problems (OTA-2013)” Organized by Dept of ECE, NIT Durgapur on 5th– 9th August 2013.
- Organized a seminar named “Science and Tech Meet 2013” as Joint Convener during 30th &31st March 2013.
- Organized 2 days workshop on “Autonomous Robotics and Embedded Systems” collaboration with Geekslab Technologies Pvt. Ltd as Faculty convener.
- Organized 1 day Seminar on “Nanotechnology for Device and Photonic Application”, association with IE(I) as Convener.
- Reviewer of Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers (World Scientific), Applied Nanoscience (Springer), IETE journal of Research (Taylor and Francis) An International Conference published in AISC series, Springer
- BK21PLUS for Postdoctoral Research in Optical Material
1. Name of The Student- Subhra Jyoti Mandal
Organization – NIT, Durgapur
2. Name of The Student- S Chakraborty
Organization – NIT, Durgapur
3. Name of The Student- Bijay Mandal
Organization – NIT, Durgapur
4.Name of the student : Prasit Kumar Bandhyopadhyay
Organization – NIT Durgapur
Role – Co-guide
Status – Registered
5. Name of the student : Parth Banerjee
Organization – NIT Durgapur
Role – Co-guide
Status – Registered
Research Experience: 3 YEARS
PhD Awarded -01
PhD Submitted -01
PhD Registered : 02
Work Experience :
a. Academic: 9 years